We believe in reaching out to those in our community and in distant places as God calls.
We have several great ways we respond to emergencies.
1. We give to United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) to pay for administration and set up so we can respond immediately to emergencies around the world.
2. We give through our Pastors Discretionary Fund (PDF) for local and close by emergencies. Right now, if you mark your giving PDF and let the pastors know it is for fire recovery, we are giving through churches with boots on the ground specifically affected by the Dixie Fire.
3. If you are part of our congregation, in person or online, we also want to know your needs. While we can’t do everything for everyone, we first give to those of the household of faith also through our PDF fund. (Galatians 6:10)
Caring for Our Older Population
We recognize there are many in our community that need assistance with prescription and necessity deliveries. If you are able to pay for your order ahead of time and would like delivery assistance, contact our church office for possible assistance at 530-673-5858.
November 30th, 2021
Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity. Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since then, it has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. It’s a simple idea: whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts and everyone has something to give! Join the movement and give – each Tuesday and every day – whether it’s some of your time, a donation, or the power of your voice in your local community.
The goal of the Adopt-A-Cop program is to have law enforcement officers prayed for daily. Our church has volunteered to pray for the Yuba City Police Department. Please join us in prayer for the officers each day.
Rise Against Hunger
As we continue to reach those in need beyond our local community we are pleased to tell you about our Rise Against Hunger event that starts 10/24 and goes through November. As we enter into the holiday season, we thank God for all we have and the ability to bless others. Look for a Thanksgiving Basket in the Sanctuary; in the Narthex and on our website. Let us all give back and Rise Against Hunger. Look for a Thanksgiving Basket in the Sanctuary; in the Narthex and right here! The link to give directly through our church will be available 10/24/21 for the beginning of our month long focus on Meeting the Needs.
After you get to the red “Shop Hope” site:
1. Tap on “Purchase Gifts”
2. Next tap on “Join a Team”
3. In the search bar type our church name
4. DON’T LET THE LARGE NUMBERS SCARE YOU! Scroll down and find the donation amount and item you would like to purchase.
5. If you have any questions, contact the office at 530-673-5858
6. If you would rather donate what feels comfortable to you through the church, not a problem. Please make a note in the memo part of your check. We will be sending in all donations given directly to the church at the end of November.
Thank you for supporting Rise Again Hunger-Meet the Need
Other Ways We Bless Our Community and Our World:
We enjoy blessing our community with our annual Country Fair where all games and food are completely free.
We provide various items throughout the year for those in need at CASA.
We assist our local community families with provisions for Back to School supplies.
We provide travel food for those in need; create lunches for the homeless, and offer prayers and spiritual support to many community organizations.
Beyond our Local Area
We have supported Habitat for Humanity, Heffer International, Iran Alive, Samaritan’s Purse, and many organizations that assist with showing God’s love.
We financially support and participate with organizations to bring clean water to third world areas that don’t have access to clean water and fresh water wells.
Annually we host Rise Against Hunger and invite community organizations to participate with us.