WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE RE-OPEN THE CHURCH?? WHAT DO THINGS LOOK LIKE POST-COVID?
Things have been changing throughout this period with Covid, and we never know what to expect next…so bear with us as we do our best to keep up and do what is best for our congregation. Right now, we have permission for a limited opening.
- Permission to enter the building comes with strict protocols to assure we do no harm, do good, and stay in connection with God and each other.
- If this sounds daunting for you, no problem! Feel free to connect with us online – we offer our Sunday Services, Kids Worship, Fellowship, and Bible Study online. We would love to have you join us for any or all of these! While it’s not perfect, it’s a great way to connect with us from the comfort of your own home! God meets us where we are – we don’t have to come to a physical building to enter His presence.
- Be prepared for things to continue to change. There is always the possibility of a Covid spike, and we have to close the doors again. Things could also improve, and we will slowly be able to open more events…we just don’t know. But, we are all in this together, and we will keep you updated of any and all changes!
HOW WILL MY EXPERIENCE AT CHURCH BE DIFFERENT DURING THIS TIME?
- Please park only in the East lot – closest to the stoplight.
- The Church will be open on Sunday for our Contemporary Service at 11am.
- Please take your temperature before coming to Church.
- Please stay home if you or anyone in your household feels ill. You can join us online for services. Please don’t bring your children to the nursery if they are not healthy.
- Bring your own Bible or use YouVersion on your device, as there won’t be any in the seat pockets in the sanctuary.
- You will see signs as you enter the Church with social distancing guidelines. We are following these guidelines and are making sure the congregation is as well.
- Face masks are required at all times with the following exceptions: children under 2, anyone who has been fully vaccinated against Covid, or anyone experiencing difficulty breathing. We will provide face masks for anyone that does not have one.
- Bathrooms by the offices are available for single use only. Parents with small children or those who need assistance are exceptions. Please close the door when you enter and prop the door open when you leave.
- Tithes and offerings will not be taken in passed plates; alternative giving methods will be used such as giving online, mailing your check, dropping your offering in the mail slot in the door, or placing it in the Taiwanese offering basket by the sanctuary doors.
- While we encourage you to greet each other from safe distances, we cannot have any physical contact between people outside of family groups.
- We ask you to leave your personal drinks and snacks in your vehicle, as no food or drinks will be allowed in the building.
- Our water fountains will be off and there will be no hospitality table.
- Seats have been placed at appropriate social distancing between people and family groups. If you need a seat moved for any reason, please ask an usher for assistance.
- Regardless of vaccination status, anyone singing must wear a mask and sing at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice.
- The Worship Team will sing from a greater distance, and the only time the Pastors will be unmasked is while they are preaching, so long as they have approval from all the authorities over us.
- While our social media Pastor will continue to engage with our online congregation after the service, our Pastor who has preached for Sunday morning will greet you outside.
- Unfortunately, we cannot linger after service. Anyone who wishes to speak to the pastors more can join us for the virtual Coffee and Fellowship on Wednesday mornings.
WHAT ABOUT OTHER MEETINGS?
WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE?
- Communion will be served in individual packets. We can mail your communion elements if you are worshipping with us online.
- Baptisms will be celebrated with social distancing, and following all health protocols.
- Weddings and Funerals will be allowed, with all social distancing protocols in place.
- Any other use of the Church building will be postponed until we are able to open more.
- Anything that is deemed “mission critical” will be considered on a case by case basis and permitted ONLY with leadership approval.
- Everyone in attendance must be tracked and names given to Emily in case contact tracing is necessary.
- Time in the building is short and sweet.
- The Office is open Monday through Thursday, from 9am to 12pm.
- All health and safety protocols apply while you are in the office or Church building.
- Pastoral appointments will be done through Zoom or a phone call.